And now here we are, 14 years later. That day was a bright, hot sunny day. This is a rainy, chilly one. That day was busy and crazy and stressful for me, this one has been relaxing and lazy. That evening was spent outside greeting our friends and family, this one will be spent inside at our oldest son's junior high orchestra concert.
Sadly, we're no longer young. We have lots of responsibilities and worries and craziness in our lives. We have 6 children to teach and raise and care for. We daily survive dirty diapers and messy bedrooms. We have a home that's halfway in the middle of a remodel, and sadly a lot is lost in the clutter. We have a yard that's a bit of a disaster, and tons of junk collecting in the basement. We have laundry and bills and work. We sometimes have late nights with sick children and early mornings filled with workouts and jobs.
I wouldn't change a thing. I don't know how it is possible, but I love him much more today than I did on that beautiful sunny day when all of this started.
Shane, you are the love of my life. Even though we have been together so long, I still learn new things from you all the time. I have so much fun with you. You make me laugh so hard I cry (or pee my pants, or both), you always know how to put a good spin on a crummy situation, you are generous and kind and helpful. You are the only person who can sass me out of my grouchy moods. My heart still skips a beat when I see you. You are an amazing father and an awesome best friend. I cannot say enough how much I appreciate you and adore you. I have no doubt whatsoever that you are my soulmate. I don't know what I did right in my pre-earth life to deserve you, but it must have been something really spectacular. Thank you for putting up with me, for loving me, for taking care of me, for helping me, for being my partner. I'm so glad that no matter how time flies I will always have you by my side, forever and ever.
I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend,
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again...
Lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday...

AWWWW. Congrats you two! :)
ReplyDelete