Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy, Happy Birthday Carter Dear...

I cannot BELIEVE my baby is already two. It's so weird!

First of all, three confessions for this morning.

#1: Carter had pink eye this week... poor guy. I took him to the doc on Thursday to find out that, not only are both eyes infected, but both ears too! :-(  No wonder he wouldn't listen to me. I have never had a kid so tough that double eye and double ear infections wouldn't make him cranky until now. He was prescribed huge doses of antibiotics and sent home. Don't worry... his eyes aren't goopy anymore, so you won't be infected with pink eye from reading this blog post.

#2: My brother had me totally convinced that I had forgotten what day Carter's birthday actually was. I had always thought it was exactly ten days after his cousin Andrew's... Andrew's birthday is on the 16th. I started wondering.... could Carter's really be on the 26th and I've been writing the 27th on our tax information, health insurance and everything else? Luckily I had uploaded some pictures to facebook and had written that Carter was born at 12:15am on February 27th. Whew - bad mom moment averted by facebook! Well, sort of anyway.

#3: I almost shoplifted this weekend. Shane and I went into OfficeMax on Saturday to see how much a magnetic dry-erase board would cost. As we were hunting for them I picked up a cute WonderPets book on a great sale and wanted to buy it for my birthday boy. I was carrying it in the same hand I was carrying my purse with... this matters because my new purse is huge and quite heavy, so the book just became another extension of my arm. We looked at the dry-erase boards and I wasn't willing to pay $50, so we decided to look elsewhere. We walked right past the store clerk and out the doors. It wasn't until I sat down in my car and plopped the book onto my lap that I realized I'd ripped off the store. I WAS MORTIFIED. I ran back in as quickly as I could and paid for the book. So embarrassing! Shane immediately told the kids about their mother the shoplifter. I will never live this one down, I'm sure.

And now, the pictures!

 At this point he mostly wanted to watch Shrek 4 and suck his thumb.
 After he got the book open it was a different story.
 The solitary reason I posted this was because of his cute face :)
 This turned out to be his favorite present of the night.
 A ginormous dinosaur puzzle and a book from Uncle Jared and Aunt Rachelle. It's mostly entertained me, Wade and Conner so far.
The creepy monster cake I made. It was inspired by a darn cute hoodie that Grandma Farr gave Carter for his birthday.
Mmmmm.... monster spike tastes good! NOM NOM NOM!

Happy birthday, my cute little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment