Carter finally made it to his 1 year doctors appointment. No more barfing! (well, not from him anyway!) He's growing like one of those tall summer weeds... you can almost watch him grow. He's only in the 23rd percentile for weight, but 93rd percentile for height! Great, another string bean. I'm 6 for 6! I'd better get used to being the short one in a big hurry - I'm quite confident that by the time Carter reaches 13 years old I will be the shortest member of my own family. Will that mean I'm no longer the boss?
Anyway, he's growing and developing well and so smart. Did I mention that he can say 'bacon' now? Uncle Justin will be so proud. He also could stand on his own if he wasn't nervous about it. Constantly he grabs things off the ottoman and starts holding them with both hands, but when he realizes that he's no longer holding on he lowers himself slowly to the ground. CONFIDENCE, MAN! :)
I should also mention here that Wade made his first successful non-freaking-out elevator ride. Bella pushed Carter in the stroller so I could hold Wade. He was very nervous but thought it was fun to push the '2' button, and was particularly thrilled when we got out and I couldn't quit saying "WADE! YOU DID IT!!". Even now, it's "Mommy! I did it! I wanna ride the elevator!" So hopefully the elevator nightmare is over *knock on wood* since I have to take Bella next week to get one more kindergarten booster shot. Why didn't they do it while you were there, you say? Well, because our doctors office doesn't know how to keep records, evidently. Even though they had everything but this one shot up to date when she had her kindergarten appointment, they couldn't find the correct records and thought she needed 4 shots! Meaning I had to go to the school and get the vaccination records and now have to take them back to the doctor's office. Sigh.
We were driving around yesterday and pulled up to a stop sign.
Wade: "Mommy, I see a octagon!"
Me (incredulously): "You do? What color is it?
Wade: "Red and white."
Me: "Wow, good job buddy! Do you see letters?"
Wade: "Yep!"
Me: "What letters do you see?"
Wade: "S... T.... O.... P!"
Me: (again, incredulously) "Good job Wade! Do you know what that spells?"
Wade: "......?"
Me: "It spells STOP!"
Now every time he sees a stop sign, he says "Mommy, I see a octagon! It's red and white and says STOP!"
Oh, and now Wade has Carter's barfing flu. We were up at 3am cleaning up bedding and giving the kid a bath. Then he almost barfed again, this time on my bed. Luckily I'm a fast runner. So I ended up holding him on the couch for most of the night. Can I just mention how much heat a leather sofa can radiate back into your body? Yuck.
Heavenly Father, please don't let the rest of the kids get it. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
The Trouble with Maternity Pants...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment