Monday, March 15, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend

Why, oh why, do weekends go by so fast?  The work-week just drags like an old lady driving to church, and then suddenly Friday afternoon hits and BAM! it's like getting drug behind a semi.  Sigh. 

Shane was so proud of the kids that we had to take them to Pizza Factory on Friday night.  Come on, 6 kids behaving at the same time deserves a celebration.  We were going to take them to sushi, but had a Gregory House-like epiphany and decided that it was too expensive to do that AND buy burgers on the way home because nobody ate. 

P.S. I know you're going to thank me later for the play-by-play of my life.  Get used to it. I took some cute pictures that I have to share, ok? 

Mmmm... breadsticks and Apple Beer.

Cute much?

Why?  Oh why did I eat so much bread?

What the....?

Kissing the cook!

Saturday was spent life jacket shopping (hooray!! No more stress about finding life jackets, wondering if we have the right sizes, and jackets that rub our under-arms raw when we go to Lake Powell!) and later on my Dad came over to help us texture our living room ceiling.  See, I've had this little fantasy over the last year and a half about taking the brownish-orange carpet out of my living room and putting down wood flooring.  But first I want to paint.  And before that I want to re-texture my walls and ceiling.  And I also want to spray my banister and front door black.  And I also want new baseboards. Why is it that a simple project turns into 12 with me?  Also, I don't know if you know this about me, but I hate to work.  But what do you know....

Chance WANTED to do it!
Here's Conner, just a teensy bit too short to reach the ceiling with the texture brush. 
FYI - that thing is heavy!
Here's Payton loading the texture brush with mud.
Bella, helping to wash the ceiling and walls with a mop.
And of course Shane doing most of the work, especially the dangerous over-the-stairs part.
I just decided that this would not be complete without a picture of my Dad, who I tried to let off the hook for Saturday night, but he talked me into it and then came over to show us what to do. 
Thanks Pops!

It looks AWESOME.  Whoever did the drywall in this house was decidedly not a pro and the ceiling was very bumpy where the tape was.  The new texture completely hides the bumps.  This week I'll be texturing the walls and hopefully painting toward the end of the week.  By Friday though, we will be heading to the cabin for some R&R and massive amounts of sledding on the 12 feet of snow up there.  Hey Dad, get up there early so you can warm up my electric blanket and my spot by the fire!

3 comments:

  1. Awe, and look, even with the beginning talking about Lake Powell, dad gets into the spirit wearing his LP tshirt! Go Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I didn't even realize that until you said it. Thanks for wrapping it all together in a nice, neat package Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, your kids are HILLARIOUS. I especially love the one of Bella at the pizza joint! :)

    ReplyDelete