I know I have lots to do, but instead I'm procrastinating. It's the story of my life. I need to get some video ready to edit for Shane, I need to take down my handrail and texture the stairway wall, I should put another coat of paint on the hallway, I should start some homemade rolls for dinner tonight and go to the grocery store since potato soup sounds yummier in this cold weather than the tacos I'd planned. But who wants to do any of that stuff? Instead, let's waste some time blogging some unanswerable questions, shall we?
Why are Moms' jobs things that always get undone? Laundry, dishes, vacuuming, cleaning, repeat. I think this is why I love to paint my house and edit video. Because that stuff STAYS done. (Asking this makes me feel like Mr. Incredible. "No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!")
Why is it that, if I haven't listened to Colbie Callait (Coco) for awhile, when I turn it on and listen again it makes me teary eyed? Am I just a crybaby or what? (Jacqueline, Kristin, Mom, Rachelle; don't answer that.)
Why can't I ever get warm if my feet are cold? I am SUCH a huge fan of putting my feet in the tub and running hot water over them until they are warm. It may be a pain in the neck, but it's the thing that always works. Might as well skip all those other steps that take up time and just go with what you know.
Why can my children not be taught to flush the toilet? I know that I flush it about 100X more than I actually use it. I especially love it when one of the kids says "Mom! So-and-so didn't flush!" and I get to say "Do YOU always flush? No? Well, you don't get to complain until you ALWAYS flush!!" I seriously hope they remember to flush at school. *sigh*
Why is it so painful and hard to get up early to work out and eat right, but it's so comfortable and delicious to sit still and eat junk food? This is not fair. If I ruled the world....
Hmmmm. I'm out of questions for now. Maybe I'll do this on a regular basis!
The Trouble with Maternity Pants...
10 years ago
Hahah, my lips are sealed.. :)
ReplyDelete